The 2018 Raffle!
We are changing things up! This year you can win a grand prize of $2500, but there will be several drawings throughout the contest period! The sooner you purchase your ticket, the more you have the chance to win! That’s right! There are 4 weekly drawings for $500, $250, $150, and $100 EVERY WEEK leading up to the grand prize drawing. If you win a weekly drawing, your ticket gets put back in, so you could win again! Contact your closest band student and purchase your tickets TODAY!!! Click HERE for the OFFICIAL RULES.
Indiana Gaming License #147724
Check here after 9:00 on Friday nights for updates! Congratulations to all winners!
Thank you to everyone who purchased a CMK Car raffle ticket during our 2017 Car Raffle Event! This year’s winner was Efrain Gallegos as seen below with our Treasurer, Booster President, and Director Mark Eifler. Thanks to all!
Indiana Gaming License No. 144610
Our 2016 winner was Mr. Patrick Hagan, as seen below.
Left to Right: Band Director Tom Dean, Seller of Winning Ticket Band Member Alexander Hagan, Raffle Winner Mr. Patrick Hagan, Band Booster Co-President Todd Glass, and Band Booster Treasurer Troy Wening.
Indiana Gaming License No. 141662
|Castle Band Boosters, Inc.
to benefit the
Castle Band Program
Official Rules & Regulations
By purchasing a raffle ticket and participating in the 2018 Raffle, you agree that (1) the Castle Band Boosters, Inc. 2018 Raffle (the “Raffle”) is a fundraising activity conducted by the Castle Band Boosters, Inc. (hereinafter “Band Boosters”) in support of the Castle Band Program; (2) these Official Rules & Regulations below govern the conduct of the Raffle and together with the decisions of Band Boosters are binding on everyone who purchases a Raffle ticket and/or who is named on a Raffle ticket; (3) it is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser or person named on the Raffle ticket to review the Official Rules for modifications or supplements; (4) these official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified or supplemented except by the Band Boosters in writing; and (5) no modification of these official contest rules shall be effective and enforceable unless made by the Band Boosters in writing and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Tickets. The price per one (1) ticket is $20.00. A maximum of 5,000 will be sold. Ticket sales will cease when the maximum number of qualified entries is reached. Any requests and payments received following the cut off time or after the sale of 5,000 tickets will be returned to the sender.
All ticket entries must be fully completed to be eligible including the printed name, address, phone number, and email of the entrant as well as a signature of the entrant agreeing to abide by the rules of the Raffle as prescribed by Band Boosters.
Ticket requests by mail must be received before 5:00 PM CDT Thursday, November 1, 2018. All tickets may be purchased in person up to and including Friday, November 2, 2018 at 7:59 p.m., unless all tickets are sold before that time. The Band Boosters will conduct all drawings in accordance with Raffle rules contained herein. The winning ticket will be drawn at random from a drum containing all eligible Raffle tickets. The drawing for prizes are open to the public; however, the winner does not need to be present to win. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received and accepted but will be no greater than 5,000 to 1.
Raffle ticket purchasers and the person named on a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years of age at the time of purchase. Raffle tickets may not be purchased in the name of a business, trust, corporation, or other entity, or wherever prohibited by applicable law. Members of the Board of Directors of the Band Boosters or persons related by blood or marriage living in the same household are not eligible to win the Raffle. Prize winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility. Offer void where prohibited by law.
- Prizes. Ten (10) weekly drawings will occur, beginning Friday, September 7,
2018 and conclude on Wednesday, November 7, 2018. Each drawing will occur at
8:00pm except the final weekly drawing will occur at 6:00pm. The drawing will be
witnessed by at least two (2) Band Booster Board of Director members and video
recorded. Purchaser need not be present to win.
The weekly prizes will include four (4) drawings:
First Drawing $500
Second Drawing $250
Third Drawing $150
Fourth Drawing $100
The winning tickets will be returned to the Band Boosters and entered in subsequent drawings (raffle barrel). Tickets are eligible to be drawn more than once, but only in separate weeks.
Drawings will occur:
Week 1: Friday, September 7, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 2: Friday, September 14, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 3: Friday, September 21, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 4: Friday, September 28, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 5: Friday, October 5, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 6: Friday, October 12, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 7: Friday, October 19, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 8: Friday, October 26, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 9: Friday, November 2, 2018 – 8:00pm
Week 10: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 – 6:00pm
One Grand Prize-winning ticket for $2,500 will be drawn at the end of the weekly drawing on Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 6:00pm.
All drawings will be conducted at Castle High School, 3344 Highway 261, Newburgh, Indiana 47630. Band Boosters will mail a check for the winning amount to the name and address on the ticket drawn within ten (10) business days of the drawing.
- Tickets and Purchasing. You have not entered the Raffle until your entry submission, with full payment has been accepted by the Band Boosters. Acceptance of your entry submission will be communicated to you by delivery of a ticket stub or by written confirmation by e-mail from the Band Boosters. If a submission is accepted it will be deemed to have been accepted on the date and time on which the submission was received by Band Boosters regardless of the date that Band Boosters notifies you of the acceptance of your submission. Tickets are $20 each and may be purchased solely from Band Boosters. You may buy as many tickets as you wish, subject to availability, until all 5,000 are sold. Each Raffle ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each Raffle ticket is a separate and equal chance to win.
To order tickets by mail, use a ticket request form which can be downloaded from the Castle Bands website at www.castlebands.org or at the Castle Bands Facebook page at www.facebook.com/castlemarchingknights. Ticket requests must include payment by check, made payable to “Castle Band Boosters”, along with all information required on the ticket including printed name, address, phone number, email address, and a signature acquiescing to all rules of the Raffle to be eligible. Send completed forms to Castle Band Boosters c/o Raffle, P.O. Box 641, Newburgh, IN 47629. Questions or inquiries may be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If for any reason the check payment does not clear the bank, the ticket purchase is null and void, the purchaser will be notified immediately of the problem and any cure to the problem shall be considered a new order and processed in the order received.
When a Raffle ticket order is placed by mail and funds have cleared, Band Boosters will complete the raffle ticket for the purchaser by filling in the name, address, email address, phone number, and signature of the purchaser that they understand and agree to the rules of the raffle. Band Boosters will then place each completed raffle ticket stub in the secured raffle barrel or other secure container and mail the ticket(s) to the purchaser. The purchaser will receive a letter or an email from Band Boosters, confirming the ticket purchase and providing the ticket number(s).
- Refunds. All Raffle ticket sales are final. No refunds will be made except once 5,000 tickets have been confirmed sold or after the deadlines set forth hereinabove then any ticket request with verified payment will be returned or destroyed with notice to the purchaser. No other refunds are available. Band Boosters assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. A Raffle participant’s sole and exclusive remedy for Band Boosters breach shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her Raffle ticket(s). In no event shall Band Boosters, or their respective directors, officers, contractors, members, committee members, agents, advisors, or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity.
- 5. Payment and Award Verification. Band Boosters reserves the right to reject any ticket request form that is submitted with payment that does not constitute “good funds”. All defective or physically altered request forms are subject to disqualification at the discretion of Band Boosters. Prior to the drawing, Band Boosters will make a reasonable effort to notify any individual who submits such an entry form, or one which has been rejected because the check did not clear, that the entry has been rejected. All requests for tickets for the drawing must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline(s). To claim any prize, the winner must provide proper identification to the satisfaction of Band Boosters and in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Indiana Charity Gaming Commission. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by Band Boosters and Castle High School Marching Knights and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
- Rules and Authorization for Use. By participating in this Raffle, all ticket purchasers and the person named on each Raffle ticket accept and agree (1) to be bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions set forth here, and (2) that their names and/or likenesses may be disclosed to and used by the news media and may otherwise be used by the Band Boosters, for publicity purposes and naming of the prize winners to be published in area newspapers or other media including television, radio, web and print. The prize winners may be published on the Band Booster website, Facebook and other social medias. Names of the winners may be obtained by sending a written request plus a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Castle Band Boosters, P.O. Box 641, Newburgh, IN 47629. Booster’s interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be final.
- Release by Participants. By participating in this Raffle, each participant releases the Band Boosters and the Castle Band Program, and each of their respective directors, officers, contractors and agents, from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to fully indemnify and hold Band Boosters and Castle Band Program and each of their respective directors, officers, contractors and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with this Raffle or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. Each Participant by participating in the Raffle acknowledges that no other party is associated with the Raffle, including without limitation Castle High School, the Warrick County School Corporation, or any of its teachers, educators, administrators, staff, agents, officers, employees, or representatives and each participant fully indemnifies and holds those parties harmless from any and all losses, damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with this Raffle or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize.
- Disclaimers. The Band Boosters does not undertake to give advice on the legal or tax consequences of the Raffle or its winner. However, it understands that the IRS position is that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. The winner assumes and must pay all fees and charges and income taxes (local, state and federal taxes), if applicable. Band Boosters assumes no responsibility for a prizewinner’s tax obligations and suggests you consult your tax advisor. Forms W-2G & 941 will be filed with the Internal Revenue Service to report the value of the prizes won. All required forms will also be filed with the state of Indiana Department of Revenue and Gaming Commission. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
THE WINNERS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SEEK PROFESSIONAL LEGAL AND/OR TAX ADVICE. AWARDS COULD HAVE INCOME OR OTHER TAX CONSEQUENCES, ADVERSE AFFECTS ON GOVERNMENT ENTITLEMENTS OR OTHER BENEFITS, AND MAY HAVE OTHER LEGAL, FINANCIAL OR TAX CONSEQUENCES.
- Registration with the State of Indiana Gaming Commission. This Raffle is conducted for the benefit of the Castle High School Band Program by the Castle Band Boosters, Inc., under strict conformity and compliance with the Indiana Gaming Commission, and the rules and regulations of the Charity Gaming Division. The Raffle is licensed by the Indiana Gaming Commission, Indiana Annual Raffle License No. 147724 which is on file with the Band Boosters.
Any questions regarding the Raffle or the purchase of Raffle tickets may be directed to (812) 853-2009 or email email@example.com.
Approved by the Castle Band Boosters, Inc.
Board of Directors
July 12, 2018